Nepal Inked is a deeper look into tattoo arts & lifestyle culture in Nepal. Nepal, especially Kathmandu known to be very rich in art and culture, already boasts of one tattoo convention in April. But considering the demand and popularity of ink & relative lifestyle, the ever changing style, and the growing passion for the likewise, one more convention – catered to the larger public and a bigger mass is very necessary. Nepal Ink, A lifestyle and art festival is scheduled for October 2013, targeting up to 120 participants from Nepal and rest of the world.
This event will including not only tattoos but also art shows, gigs, concerts, car shows, bike shows etc.
Tattoo artists-national and international, fine arts lovers, art enthusiasts, suppliers and fans from around the world will gather in Nepal to participate. This will be the first and with the biggest dimension, event that has ever been held in the South East Asian region.
- The event will be hosted at Exebition Hall.
- The event is scheduled on 18th -20th October 2013.
WHY THIS CONVENTION
- To gather people from all over the world and to promote the tattoo art and culture in Nepal.
- We Nepal are already known for rich art, heritage, culture and architecture. We would like to promote and expose Nepal’s art culture and its rich traditional designs and tattoo culture amongst Nepalese and the world.
- An effort to bring positive thinking towards tattoos, and let the government take note of the importance of Nepal’s rising tattoo industry.
- To make this Nepal’s annual tattoo exchange event.
- To build up an international platform to help Nepal’s tattoo industry reach a more organized and mature stage.
- To encourage and change the negativity linked with this unique art. This is will be an appropriate platform to invite and encourage people from different fields to this industry. (Students majoring in arts department in Nepalese universities are invited to attend this event for free.)
- To promote this alternative lifestyle and interest.
The main focus of the event will be to promote tattoos as an art and a major business venture in Asia as well as, to promote Nepal as a destination for this form of art. Various tattoo conventions have been successfully organised in Singapore, Malaysia and China and the art of tattooing and body piercing has become a lucrative business activity.
Primarily a convention would attract:
- Tattoo artists and piercing artists
- Equipment suppliers namely ink, machines, safety equipment, lights, needles and other related equipment
- Tattoo followers and enthusiasts, local and international
- Upcoming tattoo artists and learners
- Art Enthusiasts
- Classic Car Enthusiast
- Music Enthusiasts
- Food Enthusiasts
- Alternative Lifestyle Enthusiast
Indoor Main Conference Hall and Indoor Stage
Indoor hall (Name of the hall at the hotel) will be the main exhibition area. This hall will host all the exhibitors and relative events such as competitions and exhibitions etc. The small in built stage will be used to display all kinds of art works at the venue and host all competitions as well as cultural shows. Hygiene and cleanliness will be the main priority at the main hall.
Outdoor Entertainment, Exhibition Ground, Stalls and Staage
The outdoor garden will host various entertainment stalls, information stalls, travel tour desks, product sales/promotion stalls, food and drinks area etc. Other musical and entertainment programs such as exhibitions and stunt shows will also be held in this area. The outdoor area will host a fete environment.